Sunday, December 11, 2011

He's Not Fat, He's Proportional!!

Our little dude weighed in at a whopping 26 POUNDS!  That puts him in the 70th percentile for weight, and at 32.5 inches long he is in the 90th percentile for height!  Not exactly long and lean, but definitely long :)  He definitely doesn't get his height from his momma!  Aside from his weight, we got the good news that his hemoglobin is up - WAY up...At 13.4 it is well within normal limits (normal is 11-14).  Gone are the days of disgusting iron supplements!

We have quite the daredevil on our hands these days.  He knows no fear, and will climb on or jump off of just about anything.  He always manages to get a new bump or bruise right after another one has healed.  He keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't trade his fun-loving and crazy personality for anything.  He has a gift for making a stranger smile, and I'm so proud to have such a little entertainer!

Life is good as we get ready for Christmas! Ben is currently in his pediatric rotation for school, and he is really enjoying working with the little ones (duh - anyone who knows him would tell you that he is meant to work with children)!  So at least when he is away from his family he is enjoying the work he is doing.  I have recently taken on more responsibilities at work as the "interim" manager of my unit and am there Monday through Friday (I know, I know, welcome to the normal working world).  While it is nice to see him every night when I get home from work, I'm really missing my 4 full days at home with him that I am accustomed to having.  So far, he is not adjusting too well to the change.  He loves his babysitter and his friends there, but by the time he gets home he is completely exhausted and becomes a nightmare to handle.  He just requires a lot more sleep than some kids and when he is on a daycare-type schedule he misses out a little on nap time.  I know he will get used to it, so it becomes a question of whether or not his mommy can adjust to the changes?!

 As far as talking goes, I wouldn't put him ahead of the curve, but he is right where his pediatrician says he should be.  In addition to his standard words (momma, dog, etc), his current favorite words are bite, all done, uh oh, and of course BOOM!  He also has been trying to whistle.  I don't know where he learned it, but he thinks it's pretty fantastic.

I never get tired of that goofy grin :)
Did I mention we bought a real Christmas tree this year? Well, we did! This one is OURS!
Ben had to unload the tree.

He appreciated me taking pictures instead of helping him.

So pretty! Maybe a little bigger than we anticipated...It looked much smaller next to its brothers and sisters...

Noah likes the tree so much that we had to move all of the ornaments up high (at least, the ones that were left after his attack against all shiny things).

His new game: Does Noah fit in small places?

Yay! He fits!

He loves to sit on Daddy's lap and help him study.  He is studying pediatrics, soooo...
We had Lauren Weghorst take some photos for his 15 month and maybe a Christmas card!

Check out the red scrape on his forehead.  He managed that one 90 minutes before the photo shoot.  He never cried, so I'm not sure how he did it, but I'm guessing it had something to do with jumping off of our one step...





Our best shot of Noah with Mamaw Great...we had our photo shoot at the Stratford in West Clay, where Mamaw lives.  Noah was much more excited to run around the entire building than sitting still for pictures. In this one, he is trying to snap his fingers (mimicking his mom and dad who were trying to make him smile)!

No comments:

Post a Comment