Monday, October 17, 2011

MIA once again!

I blame technology for my shortcomings as a blogger, but thanks to my brand new macbook I have no more excuses for another 3 month lapse in posting!  Let's do a not-so-quick recap:  Noah turned ONE!! And we are now just about to the 14 month mark, but lets back up to 11 months:

At exactly 11 months (August 3rd, to be precise), I switched Noah completely to whole milk from his bottles.  He refused the bottle for an entire week and a half, and I finally gave up and offered him milk.  I had learned that the risk for milk allergy is almost entirely outgrown by 9-10 months of age, so my guilty conscience could rest easy :)  Noah started taking one to two steps on his own just before 11 months, and just before 11 1/2 months he began walking everywhere!  He never had much regard for the safety of his head, so we have had our fair share of bumps and bruises!

Papaw and Nana Schmith celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary on August 6th, and Renee and I left the kids at home to throw a party for our deserving mom and dad!  This was the first time we have ever paid a sitter to watch Noah (aside from his daycare provider, Beth, of course)!  We knew he was in good hands, so we were definitely able to enjoy our night out!

Enjoy some pictures from July and August! :) :)

Noah's first trip to the Indy Zoo - with his buddy Jack Schmadeke

Best attempt at a group shot with little movers! Henry Brown, Lilly Brown, Grace Schmadeke, Noah, & Jack Schmadeke.  It was a fun day for us moms to get together, too :)

Noah and best bud Katelyn Kenney wearing Noah's favorite outfit :)

Loving Nicole's shades!

Big cousin Lily is a perfect jungle gym!

Searching for food?

Having a serious conversation with Aunt Karyn about Bud Light vs Coors Light

Good-bye dinner for Emily before she moved to Georgia! :(

Enjoying the water table during his 1st trip to the Children's Museum with friends!

I don't know what it is, but I love this picture.  And immediately after this was taken my camera died, so unfortunately no pics of our friends the Ludwigs or the Hursh's during our museum trip!

Noah and Katelyn just lounging together :)

He LOVED this swing at the Chen's house!

Lindsay Dempsey with Evan Chen at Evan's house for a cookout!

I realized when uploading these pictures that someone should seriously reprimand me for not taking more pictures of my son!! I'll try to do better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment