Monday, October 17, 2011

No Big Deal: It's Just ONE YEAR!!

September 3, 2011.

It happened.  He turned one, and I have no idea where the first year went!  Of course we had to have a celebration!  We are lucky enough to have most of our family living right here in the Indy area, so lots of our loved ones were able to join in on the fun!

I have to say, the morning of the party was a bit stressful...Ben decided that "we" should make all of the food rather than buy it, so needless to say I was busy in the kitchen from about 6:30 am until the party started at noon!  In the midst of the madness, Noah snuck into the laundry room, ripped off his dirty diaper, opened the door to the kitchen and threw the diaper at me.  If we hadn't been so busy getting ready for his party (not to mention disgusted by poop flying across the floor of my kitchen - I promise, no food was anywhere near said diaper), we probably would have laughed our butts off, because the little fat man sure thought he was hilarious! I'm learning to always enjoy the little things - even when they're a bit messy :)

Despite dirty diapers and a hectic morning, the party was a success.  We had plenty of sandwiches and other goodies for Noah's guests to enjoy, and I have to give myself a pat on the back for some pretty yummy stuff!

Happy 1st birthday, Noah!! Waking up a whole year old is fun :)


Surprise! The Kenney's came to the party :)

The one big fail: This cake is from Kroger due to the fact that I had an epically failed attempt at making a giant cupcake for him.  I had the special mold and everything, but it didn't cook evenly and fell apart :( Bummer!

Homemade cupcakes decorated by this momma :)  I'm not very creative, so I'm pretty proud of myself!

Cousin Kate, Aunt Mickey, and cousin Lydia

Aunt Renee and cousin Elle

Uncle Tim and cousin Reese - we were interfering with nap time :) This was exit time for Tim and the twins!

All of the kids enjoyed our former dining room - turned playhouse

Great Grandpa Kirkhoff and Grandpa Havens!  It was a special treat for Grandpa Havens to be at the party :)  We were so incredibly excited to have him there!

While it looks like he enjoyed the cake, he didn't.  He literally stuck his hand in it and left it there like it was in cement.  He would eat a bite off of a fork but wanted nothing to do with eating it from his hands :)  I guess he doesn't have his momma's sweet tooth!

Cousins Bryce, Ty, and Kate (tucked behind Bryce) helped sing happy birthday

These two win the prize for traveling the farthest! Paul and Erica came all the way from St. Louis and Houston, respectively.  Even if they were in town for a wedding, we felt pretty special that they came all the way here!

Cousin David Jr, Aunt Mary, and cousin Conor 

"That was fun.  Can we do it again tomorrow?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment