Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bring on 2012!

2011 was an amazing year for our family.  We really got to watch our child grow and change and learn new things each and every day!  It is hard to believe that Noah is a little over 16 months old now, and until this weekend I would have told you his morning naps aren't going anywhere anytime soon...however, both days this weekend he has refused the nap and stayed up until it was time for afternoon nap.  I'm a little bit sad to lose my personal time in the morning that I spend cleaning and showering without a wild toddler under foot, but it's an adjustment I can handle! :)  So goodbye to the morning nap! You will be missed, my friend!

We hit another milestone last week: The Dreaded First Ear Infection!  He woke up with pink eye, so I took him in to the pediatrician and sure enough, the pink eye was secondary to a double ear infection!  The kid is a complete trooper, though! He never let us know he wasn't feeling well, and aside from a little bit of a daily struggle taking his antibiotic, the whole thing has been pretty easy.  For a child that has been in day care since he was 4 months old, I would say we did pretty well to keep him healthy enough that he didn't receive his first antibiotic until he was over 16 months old!  Another hip-hip-HOORAY for breast milk :) :) :)

I thought I would just share some pictures from December and January that didn't qualify for the category of a "Christmas post!"

He loves climbing on anything - even his basketball goal!


The boy loves to dance! He will stop whatever he is doing to get his groove on.

He loves his bus/slide from Grandma and Grandpa Havens!  He did NOT love that he couldn't play with it for several hours while mommy and daddy had to put it together! Let me tell you - those things are not easy to put together quickly!

Who doesn't love a little post bath vacuuming before putting on PJs?!

I wish I could show him how pathetic he looks when he is having a temper tantrum!  Do you see how hard it is to resist that face and keep myself from giving in to whatever he wants?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment