Friday, May 13, 2011

I Confess: I'm a TERRIBLE blogger!

So after months of computer problems, I no longer have any excuses for not posting any new updates (other than an extremely busy 8 month old, work, a husband in med school, a house to maintain... but other people with much busier lives are able to squeeze in a post here and there, so I figure it's about time for me to make it happen)!   I have been stressing about how in the world I can fit the last 4 months into one post, and I have decided it is probably impossible!  I don't expect most people to read through the next few posts, but as I have said before this is all for my own memories and my family, so while I am willing to skimp on most details, I think I will still be writing a lot and posting a lot of pictures.  We'll see how this goes!

Noah Patrick - The 4th Month
The day after my very last post, he started rolling over back to belly and hasn't stopped moving since!  He seems to do everything a little bit ahead of the game and I've known for some time that I would have my hands full with him!  The biggest changes in our day to day routine during his 4th month was that he started eating rice cereal and figured out how to nap! No more 45 minute intruder! Hooray!  Ben and I also decided to turn off the monitor at night so that we could sleep better without hearing every breath he took or every time he readjusted in bed.  I'll get rid of the monitor sooner with the next baby - I think that this step saved our sanity and therefore our marriage!


I started out just giving him rice cereal once a day for a couple of weeks, then I started him on veggies (of course, only introducing one new food every 3 days - who comes up with this stuff??)  He didn't enjoy it much at first, but he quickly learned to love it - especially once we introduced fruit after a couple of weeks!


He really started enjoying playing with his toys this month.  Until now, he would look at toys but couldn't do much with them, but once he learned to grab things and make noises with the toys he started having much more fun!  He also started discovering his voice this month!  Ben and I just loved hearing his sounds and I'm sure the neighbors would have us committed if they could have heard the noises we would make just to get a laugh out of our son! Funny how you are suddenly so willing to make a complete fool of yourself just to hear that sweet little laugh! :)


He has always had a very serious face - and he will win any staring contest, hands down, without blinking!


Nice face :) Actually I love this picture not just for the priceless expression, but also for the spiky hair!


HI MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment