Friday, May 13, 2011

Noah Patrick: The 6th Month!

SITTING UP AND CRAWLING!!

Yes, two huge milestones in one little month!  He started sitting up all by himself (of course, he was a little wobbly at first, but it only took about a week before he learned to sit for a long time without falling over)!  He also started army crawling this month.  He would get up on his hands and knees, rock back and forth, then get back down on his belly and take off across the room!

At the beginning of the month he had his 6 month pediatrician's appointment where he weighed in at 21 pounds!  We saw a new pediatrician for the first time - Dr. Carolyn Robinson at Carmel Pediatrics.  I had been unhappy with our first pediatrician - I didn't really "click" with him, and his staff was rude most of the time.  The final straw happened one morning when I brought Noah in (about 4 1/2 months old) because he had been running a fever for several days and had a terrible cough.  I had never before brought him in to the office or even called when he had been sick, so clearly I was worried.  I was treated terribly, and when the doctor said he wanted to take his temperature I said that was fine, but that I could tell he wasn't currently running a fever.  Several minutes later the nurse comes in, shoves a MERCURY THERMOMETER (umm what decade are we living in??) under his armpit, and tells me to hold it there for 5 minutes.  Really? With a squirming baby that I already told you isn't running a fever?? Well surprise of all surprises, no fever! And I was sent away with no compassion for my little boy.  And that meant Goodbye Meridian Pediatrics and Hello, Dr. Robinson!  I couldn't be happier with my choice!  I ended up with this doctor by the recommendation of a friend and I am so grateful. She sat down with me and talked about milestones and feedings and really got to know us.  She was so caring and acted as though she had all the time in the world and no other patients to see! Noah instantly smiled at her and reached for her, and she even sat and played with him for a few minutes.  The staff was fabulous and actually seemed to be happy with their jobs!  What a difference that makes in the overall feeling of comfort for a mom!  

We love having dinners at the Stratford with "Mamaw Great Up High!"

He is so proud of himself every time he tips this over :)


Managed to stop scooting around for a quick picture!


I love that hair so much I can't stand it!


Sitting up like a big boy!

What?!?!?!


We started taking baths in the kitchen sink once he was sitting up pretty well, but not quite well enough for the big tub! That only lasted until he threw himself backwards one night and smacked his head on the granite! I wasn't winning any awards for mom of the year that night :)


We love his hooded towels that Aunt Renee made!


He loves crawling over to this and looking at himself! It also makes a fun noise when he bangs his toys against it or kicks it against the wall! Time to get with the program and baby proof the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment